Repairs, Maintenance Bedbugs & Crackheads

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabnebula

I moved into a complex that on the veneer looked nice as the grounds were well kept, and the apartments looked clean….I had to sign a Bedbug addendum, stating I would have to pay for any costs to eradicate these pests. My next door neighbors turned out to be on Section 8, and are drug addicts. I made numerous complaints about the drug activity not two weeks after I moved in, as there were creepy people knocking on their door, a dealer who came around frequently, and obvious drug traffic. Two months later I found out their apt was infested with roaches, then a few weeks later that they had a full blown bedbug infestation. There was a note on their door that had fallen off, and it stated they must remove their "Bedbug infested sofa", and "take it off property". They dragged this infested furniture past my front door, and it was left by a trash bin not 20' away. I made a copy, and placed it back on the door. I have written letters to management, and they had their pest control tech inspect my apartment after I found a dead bedbug on my sofa. I have been spraying with various toxic & non-toxic chemicals since the day I moved in, because the last place I lived had a huge roach problem, and that complex did nothing about it that worked. It took 3 months of constant cleaning, spraying, and washing to keep them at bay….I knew the "drill". Back to this NEW apartment…..I've been bitten a few times, and only found a few dead bedbugs, but know it has ONLY been due to my own diligence that my entire apartment is not infested. Then, a few weeks ago they rented the apartment above the infested one to an unsuspecting woman who has an infestation. I am so stressed out, and have spent money, time & even had to go see a physician for a bite on my privates. ICK.They refuse to properly Heat treat the entire building. My lease is up the end of November, but as there are only 4 units, and from what I understand, only 2 will be rented, including mine. I'm afraid when I move they will travel along with me. I have the proof that they allowed this to go too far. Prior to the sofa being disposed of, they threw away an infested mattress about a month earlier. The Pest control techs have been here to spray their apt at least 6 times, and the woman upstairs had to vacate after they sprayed for a week. Who picks up the tab? It has caused unnecessary anxiety, money, time and health issues. As these bugs can hide anywhere, just because they haven't found eggs or adults on my mattress or sofa, does not mean there isn't a problem. I called the Health Department, and he could not find any "obvious" evidence in my apt. They will hide anywhere…boxes, baseboards, etc. Please advise.

You've done what you can. When you move, you'll probably have to do it again, just to be safe.
You're responsible for your stuff, unless a court says otherwise.
I've learned that in this life it's best just to turn the page and move forward without looking back.
If you can't, off to court you go.
Once there you'll have to PROVE the things you believe.
That isn't YOU telling the judge your observations, it's a professional exterminator telling the court hers.
That's your option, to sue.

You might just want to move as planned & do what you need to do re your things. If you go to court, that will cost time & money & you may not win.

Rent a Uhaul box truck.... Put everything in the back of the truck. Find a space heater (You can rent them) Seal the rear door of the truck and blast the heat in. :) Don't know if that would work but sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back