Bathroom remodel has multiple problems due to contractor error. Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylucy50

I had my bathroom remodeled in March 08. There are multiple problems that have begun to show up starting 2 weeks after completion. First the tub started creaking when you stand in it. I have since read the installation instructions and found that the contractor should have put in a layer of mortar for the base and he didn't. Second, the grout between the ceramic floor tiles is cracking in spots.Third, there are multiple areas on the walls and ceiling that weren't patched and sanded properly before painting so there are many imperfections. The contractor has come back over the past 4 months at my insistence, 2 or 3 times to try to fix the problems. However, he has not corrected the problem with the tub (it needs to be torn out and redone from all the feedback I've gotten from plumbers and online sources) and he had a guy come in to patch the walls and ceiling but then the contractor painted over the patching and there are still ridges and imperfections. It looks like he didn't sand it down before he painted. He says he will fix the grout but I am unsure as to what type of results I'm going to get due to the shotty work he's done on the other problems. My question is: How long do I have to give him to try to make this right before sueing him and if I sue him, what are my chances of getting reimbursed for the mess he's created? I don't trust him to fix it and will probably have to get someone else in there to do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back