bath room not working 4-months

Status
Not open for further replies.

talon

four months ago my upstairs bathroom started to back up, 1st the tub then the toliet, then the sink. my rent is due on the 15th of every month. on rent day 4 - months ago i told my landlord of the first problem(the tub)and that we are not able to take showers in the upstairs bathroom, he then tells me that someone will call me this week, and we will get htis taken care of.... the second month (agian on the 15)I pay rent and I tell him that now the rest off the bathroom facilities aren't working and that everyone in the house now has to us the downstairs bathroom, when i pay for a house with too bathrooms, agian he tells me that he will send someone out to fix it,this week, he promised. on the third month I ignore him like he ignores me and he calls me on the 20th. I tell him that i'll pay him on the day he sends someone to my house to fix it. he tells me thats no problem that the plumber, his freind he sees every day, will be calling me in a little while. A day goes by and the lanlord calls says he is looking for the rent , I tell him that the plumber has not contacted me, he then tells me that he has already told of the problem he will be there tommarrow and if he could pick up the rent check it would really help out, so i go to his house and pay him rent, he thanks me and says the plumber will be there tommarow and to answer my phone because he will call before he comes, i ask for the # to theplumber and he says he doesn't have it on him that he will call he has my #. Now we are on the 4-month rent was due 17 days ago, and the lanlord has been at my house every day banging on my door, demanding the rent, I told him the same thing that i didi last time. He tells me if i pay him that the plumber will be there tommarrow(yea right). what can i do????????????????????????????????????????????????

bathroom not working

I believe it is within reason to withhold the rent because non-working facilities is a breach of contract between the 2 of you. You can always contact your local town/city hall and request that your dwelling be inspected. The bathroom will most likely trigger a request from your town/city to have the facilities fixed ASAP and will most likely back your decision to withhold rent until it is done.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back