bargaining unit employee wrongful term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeucanhelp

My jurisdiction is: holmes county, ohio

Hello There, I was a member of a union and a county employee for 3 years. I was wrongfully terminated in oct 07 for allegedly breaking a policy. The union took my case to step 2 of the grievance, decided it didn't have merit to proceed to arbitration (skipped step 3 mediation) without notifying me, and I proceeded to file for unemployment since my dismissal. My previous employer denied my unemployment (stating I was discharged for just cause) and I had a hearing from the state representing unemployment. I won that hearing and my unemployment was granted based on testimony from me and my previous employer. HOWEVER, my employer appealed the decision of the state hearing officer and won in the court of common pleas, in the same county as I worked. Now, I need to know if this was a conflict of interest? The judge that read the brief from the atty(works in human resources at the county that I was employed) and works with this atty daily at the court??
Also, I need to know if I can appeal this judgement and request it be heard(orally)in a higher court, out of this county. Did u ever see the movie "its a time to kill" , thats what this county is like and I need Matt Macaugahy on my side.. There is much evidence in my favor and none in theirs(except lies) and I can prove it. I need someone's help, I have no place to turn.

Thank you for your time

Signed,
Railroaded! (hopeucanhelp)

Last edited:
I was informed by the atty general's office that these cases are very rarely overturned, but in this tiny close nit county, I had my doubts.. Now my fear is that another bogus hearing will take place, the employer will submit a brief of untruths and the next judge will not take the time to read the evidence, as proven by the last judges judgement, which is a joke, and do the same thing. I wonder if it ever stops and I will have justice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back