Banned from retail store but case was dismissed

djath0me

Entered retail store after case was dismissed, security officer reconized me, called the police and tried to restrain me, I left the store. The police showed up at my home, but I was not there, will a warrent be entered for my arrest? Should I turn myself in? My dismissed case was for theft of items at the same store.

You should talk to a lawyer in your county. I suspect trouble is brewing for you, big trouble.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. The store has the legal right to ban you whether or not they file a Police complaint. Your case being "dismissed" has no impact on this decision as they are private property. Along with that was your case dismissed or was it dismissed as part of a plea deal like ACd or Diversion? It makes a difference

Entered retail store after case was dismissed, security officer reconized me, called the police and tried to restrain me, I left the store. The police showed up at my home, but I was not there, will a warrent be entered for my arrest? Should I turn myself in? My dismissed case was for theft of items at the same store.

You can be banned from the store for most any reason. They do not need a successful criminal or even a successful civil case to tell you that you are not welcome. You should not have returned.

Obtain legal counsel, arrange for bail to be prepared and then turn yourself in. Or, you can wait for a most inconvenient time and the police will find you.

Might as well ask - what type of case was dismissed? When you're dealing with theft, there can be civil and criminal implications. Either way, speaking to a criminal lawyer may be in your best interest, or at least contact with the attorney you may have had represent you in the case you mentioned.

Honestly I wouldn't worry much about it.
If the police cone back don't make any statements.
Stay out of the store and you should be fine.
I bet they don't come back.

Might as well ask - what type of case was dismissed? When you're dealing with theft, there can be civil and criminal implications. Either way, speaking to a criminal lawyer may be in your best interest, or at least contact with the attorney you may have had represent you in the case you mentioned.

Exactly my question was the dismissal part of a plea deal, did DA drop case or, were you acquitted?

Back