Bank of America

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrm96

I am a small business owner. In November I went in to apply for a small business loan of 5K for new equipment. Instead of talking to me in regard to a loan the bank manager somehow got me to open a 3rd checking account to save me "fees".

Fast forward 3 weeks and I try to make some of my deposits to this account via their atm deposit, this money was cleared and I transferred some of it to my other business account and used to to make purchases for the business.

The next day I check both accounts and both are 1k and $600 in default. I inquire and am told it is because I made the deposit into a personal account and that the checks would be mailed back to me to re-deposit,meanwhile racking up 24 overdraft fees @ $35 each. I was never informed that I was opening a personal account so this was quite a shock to me.

I called the banking center and was told that they way my original accounts were set up their where no "fees" and that this did not need to be done, the call center STRONGLY advised me to call the bank managers supervisor, which I did not do.

I went into the bank at the prompting of the call center and asked to have all overdraft fees removed. I was told no, but that she would remove 10 of them from my business account. She also flew off the handle and yelled at me for closing the 4th account (forgot to mention that) that she had me open and told me I was a fool and needed to trust her since that is her job.

6 weeks later and she still has not removed 1 overdraft fee. So 1 business account was clear, one in default for over 1k 1 personal in default for nearly 1k. I have been using the clear account to deposit client checks into.

This wednesday 12/18/07 I deposited $1,110 by means of a BOA bank check. It cleared by 12pm same day. All day Thursday,since the money was available I used my Check card to make 12 purchases. At 7pm the bank placed a hold on my funds. I called the banking center to inquire and was told she did not know why this happened but that it would be cleared at 12pm. At 12pm the bank took the entire deposit and transferred it to the other overdraft account without my consent.

Now, They cleared the monry so that I was able to use it, yet took the money back after 24 hours leaving my other account - $359 and of course there will be $400 in overdraft fees for those purchases. Nevermind the fact that I did not authorize this.

The really sad part is that all of this money is basically overdraft fees. The call center manager told me that only about $200 of that 1k was my actual purchases. So now when this is all said and done and everything is cleared I will have paid over 3k in bank fees because the bank keeps clearing money and then taking it back and opening account for me without my consent.

Is there any legal recourse I can take?

Yes, you can file in small claims. Run don't walk from Bank of America. They are one of the worst banks I have ever dealth with. I sued them in small claims on a similar situation. Their check stub is framed on my wall along with the court decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back