Bank of America/ Taylor Bean & Whitaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolkeene

My home burned down in Jan 2009. It was a total loss. Taylor Bean & Whitaker had the mortgage on my home during this time. I sent $104,000 insurance check along with a personal check for $6800 (not sure this amount was even needed to pay home off). Both checks were cashed (have copies) but was not applied to pay off my loan.For what ever reason, TB&W was shut down by whatever governement department about 6 months later. Bank of America took over my loan. I had called and fought with BoA for months, getting no where. Finally in March of this year, my loan was paid in full. My problem is that during the 14 months that these two banks sat on the cashed funds I sent them, they contined to spend my money on things like mortgage insurace, taxes, interest, late fees, etc. I'm tired! It has been a long road after losing everything we owned, not being able to purchase another home due to having this open loan which showed that payments were late, and foreclosure notices sent. This bank sat on $110,800 for more than a year. I want to be reimbursted for the money they owe me that was not due on my loan but all documents from TB&W are aparently not available anymore. I want the money back that they spent on my loan from Feb 09 until Mar 2010. I'm now working with a person in the office of the CEO and President of BoA who promised to call me back two days ago but is now out of her office until next week. Here I go again... I'm ready to sue this company and let someone know the kind of hell me and my three children have been through because of them. The stress and aggravation of trying to get them to do the right thing has taken it's toll. If anyone can help, please post a message here. Thank you.

Thank you. Now I just need to find a lawyer willing to take my case and go against a big financial business like Bank of America.

Really you shouldn't have too hard a time finding an attorney to do that. BOA has deep pockets and they violated the Fair Credit and Reporting Act which provides for attorney fees. Further BOA is clearly wrong. Truthfully I would be surprised if BOA even fought an attorney in the matter.

Last edited:
Have a problem with them as well

We have 2 loans due to the fact that TBW refinanced our loan, never paid it off, and then transferred the loan to BOA. SO we now have a loan with TBW and BOA, fighting it for almost a year! I feel your pain! I would sue as well but we where told it would cost us 3-5 thousand to make it happen

I run GA House Trust and we bring loans before the courts all the time. I would love to have an actual real life example of what you are saying. I am constantly telling Judges that it is possible. Would you contact me and tell me your story? gahousetrust@gmail.com What state are you in?

troubles

Not that my problem is anywhere near as terrible as yours. But we got a overage check from taylor, bean, and whittaker around the first of August in 2009 and cashed it, only for it to come back as bad. So not only are we out of money that we thought was in the back but also the money they took out for depositing a bad check. We've contacted Bank of America to see if they are going to write us a new check and they told us at first the check was "in the mail" and that was in September of 2009. But several times later they keep telling us they are in litigation with TB&W, so we wont get anything until that is all done. Does anyone know how long this could take?

The problems caused by the Taylor Bean/BOA connection seem to be huge. I have a problem with BOA charging me for FHA mortgage insurance that was never approved by the FHA when Taylor originated the loan. I want to recover the $1500+ I paid for the MI, plus have the MI payments canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back