bank error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiomom

My ex husband changed his address at the bank. The bank made a huge mistake and changed all my accounts to his new address and sent my savings account statement to him.
The bank also without any notification to me changed my on-line banking info. Is this something I could sue the bank over. My attorney will not speak to me about this because he banks there. This is a small town everyone banks there. Is this worth pursuing, or would it just be a headache. We never had a joint account. any help would be appreciated.

They have violated your privacy...........But it is not clear how much if anything you can milk out of the situation. Read your bank policy manual and do free initial consultation with some civil lawyers for more advice. To successfully sue them you must show the danger, jeopardy or possible jeopardy they might have caused or put you at risk of.

Finally, someone with an answer, Thanks! Probably more trouble that it is worth to go forward, maybe I should talk to the bank manager and at least get a free toaster!! Thanks again.

Yep, talk to the manager and express your disappointment...........they might give you some goodies.....gift certificate or something to calm you and thank you for your understanding..........It is your call!

More problems have come about with this whole mess. My debit card now is linked to his address. I am going out of the county to seek legal advice. I have contacted 5 local attorneys all do business with this bank. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back