bank account withdrawal for someone who is incarcerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

adderina

my boyfriend (in the process of being divorced) is in jail, he left me his mac card to take money out of account to pay his bills, but his wife's name is still on the account. can she press charges
Philadelphia, PA

my boyfriend (in the process of being divorced) is in jail, he left me his mac card to take money out of account to pay his bills, but his wife's name is still on the account. can she press charges
Philadelphia, PA

Perhaps, she could press charges.

Perhaps, the bank could press charges.

Perhaps, your "boyfriend" could get mad at "you", and claim that you didn't have his authorization to remove money from the account.

No one can predict what anyone else MIGHT (at some later date) decide to do!

If you have the pin, you can certainly withdraw money from the account.

There are TOO many "what ifs" and "risks" associated with taking money from an account that you are NOT an authorized signatory on the account.

I wouldn't do what he is "saying today" for you to do.

Too many things can (and usally do) go wrong with this type of arrangement.

I'd get the proper forms from the bank, mail them to your "boyfriend", and get him to ADD you as an authorized user on the account.

(And, even THAT has its risks, with his "wife" being on the account.)

Of course, you are FREE to do as you choose.

But, if you do, I have advised you of the potential risks associated with SOME actions.

If I were you, I'd tell him, I wish I could do this for you, but you and I don't need any MORE trouble.

If you have his permission to withdraw the money, and if you are spending that money as instructed, then you have nothing to worry about.
If it makes you feel better, you should get written permission from him that authorizes you to withdraw the money and pay the specified bills.

You only have a problem if you are misusing the money that you withdraw.

It is possible that his spouse could have the card deactivated though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back