bank account execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplea

hi i need your legal advice, my bank accounts was recently executed by my creditor .i owed $16,153 they took from all my accounts $932.my question is (1) can they just go in my accounts without giving me a warning.(2)one of the account was a joint account with my brother.(3) can they go into these account again because am thinking to close them.(4)will they go after my pay check,my income tax return or even my property. i must note that last year i file for a dept settlement on all my credit card and this creditor is the only one that denied me.

The only way someone can legally seize your assets is pursuant to a judgment against you. Contact the bank and see what they say.

You've probably been sued and missed the service. More than likely someone won a default judgment against you.

You should also check at the courthouse. You may have more default judgments against you.

This collection agency want me to send them $11000 and they will settle the case.which I don't have.

Have you determined if the bank account levy was legal?

Have you been the victim of any default, adverse legal decisions?

I wouldn't pay them a dime.

You don't owe them.

You'd be wise to close the bank account that has been levied against.

Somehow you've compromised your banking security.

You may have inadvertently disclosed your banking details by paying them from your account.

You should immediately close that account and open another one.

For the time being, I'd stop getting direct payroll deposits.

They may come after your wages and earnings.

You might want to consider bankruptcy.

These crooks seem overly aggressive.

CT isn't a debtor friendly state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back