Credit Cards, Rating, Repair balh

Balh

In 2006 I opened an unsecured credit card through
American Express. In 2007 we lost our business. In 2008 I kept in touch with American Express making payments, until
I could no longer meet my debt. Medical bills, no job, loss of parents and family problems, I fell behind on payments.

A law firm sent collection notices.
I called the firm and tried to work out a payment with them. The Attorney I spoke with told me that (American Express)
had notified them to (Cease and Desist) with the collection against me. I was served a notice, stating that they were a collection agency
and would be representing American Express. American Express sent notice that they had written the card off.

In April 2015, I pulled my credit report to find they filed a Judgement against me July 2012 on my home and a rental property. Is it legal for them
to file against both homes?

What does (Cease and Desist Order) mean?

Thanks

Balh

Last edited by a moderator:
Cease and desist essentially means STOP doing whatever it was that someone was doing.
It can be sent as a request in a letter, or achieved by going to court and obtaining a court order enjoining one from engaging in a certain practice or nehavior.

If a lien has been placed against your home, obviously it was possible and it has been done.

If you want to waste time and resources, off to court you go, hire an attorney to argue WHY it should be removed.

Before you get too incensed about a lien, it affects most people when they try to sell their home by reducing any profits they might have received.

Not much to worry about in my view, especially if your credit and FICO score has tanked.

You can always waste more time and effort and dispute the claim with the credit nazis by sending all of them a dispute letter.

If your business wasn't INCORPORATED, and done so PROPERLY, when it defaulted it also put your personal assets at risk, such as your home.

Back