Bad reviews posted for company and management

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSS33312

Jurisdiction
Florida
I posted a review of a gym. Basically what I want to know is if I have the right to post these reviews as they are the truth. So here is my post!

I'm rating this a 1 star right now! I used to like the named gym. But I'm not impressed with the new activity director named (I stated the name of the person) ! I'm going to be blunt about this. I've been a golds gym member since 2012. I wasn't going to enroll but a friend of mine asked me! I never complained about things. I basically want to be by myself at the floor. I started checking group classes, and I like them for cardio. I attend just about every classes and give every teachers a chance. Then I started choosing the teachers and the classes I want. There was a class I liked, but she got replaced without informing the students- in promptu replacement. The new teacher is in good shape, but new. I feel the music and style of teaching was not for me. Instead of feeling tortured in the class, and the fact that we were told that if we have to leave early, just make sure we don't disturb the class. I left a 4 sentences feedback (folded note to the teacher). I was called into the office and (person name) accused me of bullying the teacher. She started yelling at me, accusing me of writing 4 pp notes. I showed her a copy of what I wrote. Then she changed it to 2 pp. Then later to one page.Then she yelled at me again - " I forbid you from talking to teachers, I forbid you from talking to students, I forbid you from talking to anybody! I forbid you from fixing anything, forbid you from doing anything special to anybody.!" And since you're not happy with Gold's Gym, I think it's time for you to go somewhere else!". I was not expecting such treatment ! Seriously, especially I paid my dues in advance, in full every year. Especially since, I'm like the sounding board for several students in the class! Like- " you got to tell management the floor is dirty, you got to tell them restrooms are dirty, shower is filthy, we need more weights, our equipment is falling apart, light bulbs are out, we need new mats, .. etc. I've always asked them to drop a note on suggestion box. In fact this morning, someone asked me to tell management, they don't like a teacher! I said, why don't you guys tell the management? I was told, " you're always here, morning and afternoon!"

I made amends with that new teacher, she felt I never bullied her, that my criticisms were constructive. There's always room for improvement. And I always like to see teachers challenging students to new exercises. But apparently named person was the one texting long messages to her and insinuating I was bullying her.

I also told the named person the reasons why I quit attending her classes. It wasn't challenging enough for me. Music was good, there's structure but it was the same thing every single class. Even the jokes were the same - 200 more or I lied! Her group classes were monotonous. And she has no personality! In fact she even she even told me that she doesn't care if the students don't like her classes. She event told them that they can leave her class if they don't like it. In her last class I attended she even told the class " I hate this class". That's because she's out of shape!

Later she was accusing a member of fiddling with the payroll and time sheets when she's the one who has access to these. Somebody heard at the front desk- there was a teacher who didn't get paid. I was the one being blamed when I didn't do it and and the named person is the one submitting the payroll.

I was also upset that the regional management sided with this person, telling me I'm over-bearing when the complaints I brought in were all legitimate and I have pictures of them. I'm Asian, U.S. citizen, and I know this named person would never do this to someone who is black or American.

BTW, This teacher also said bad feedback about a gym she goes to. She teaches there and she told me I won't be happy in that gym. It's filthy, staff are cold and unfriendly, they don't care about their members! I took a 14 day pass in that gym, so far I like what I see, so I sent a feedback to corporate headquarters and told them what this teacher told me. And I told the corporate, I was surprised that somebody- a staff member would say something bad about the gym i'm planning to enroll!

Last edited:
If someone told you on this private website that you are free to post anything you want criticizing a business, what impact will such information have if the business decided to sue you?

A person might feel satisfaction for telling Pretzels by Paul that his pretzels suck, because upon eating one, the person became nauseous and vomited.

Paul, of Paul's Pretzels, might be a billionaire with a bad attitude and money to burn. So, Paul sues you for defamation and tortious interference with his business. Paul claims your erroneous post cost him a $500,000,000 pretzel deal with Walmart and Kroger's. The best thing you can do to help yourself, is avoid posting anything negative about a business, and simply choose to never patronize any business you believe has harmed you.

Bottom line, mate, nothing anyone says here has the force of law.

Anything told to you on this (or any other internet forum) will have little use to you in a court of law.

To be frank, I got bored about 1/3 of the way through the second paragraph of your post. I assume the second paragraph was a quote from the review you posted, but I'm not sure about the subsequent paragraphs. Anyway....

what I want to know is if I have the right to post these reviews as they are the truth.

If you're posting on a web site that you do not own or control, anything you post is at the pleasure of the owner or operator of the web site and you have no legal rights concerning any of it.

If you post only true facts and opinions, then you cannot be successfully sued (although you could be sued).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back