Bad fall while in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

william50

I slipped and fell and was hospitalized while I was in prison.The MRI results show significant disc damage in lower back. Anyway,I couldn't move around for the rest of my prison term which was about six months.My question is: What is the statue of limitations on sueing the prison for neglect and improper medical care ? and does it start the day I slipped or can it possibly start the day I was released.
My thinking is that the resourses are so limmited in prison that maybe,(but not likely) the satue of limmitations would begin on my release date.(I had to ask)

I slipped and fell and was hospitalized while I was in prison.The MRI results show significant disc damage in lower back. Anyway,I couldn't move around for the rest of my prison term which was about six months.My question is: What is the statue of limitations on sueing the prison for neglect and improper medical care ? and does it start the day I slipped or can it possibly start the day I was released.
My thinking is that the resourses are so limmited in prison that maybe,(but not likely) the satue of limmitations would begin on my release date.(I had to ask)

California has a two year SOL on personal injury lawsuits.

The SOL begins to run on the day your incurred your injury.

It ends two years later.

You can speak with any personal injury lawyer about representation.

The initial consultation is usually free.

Or, you can file a claim against the DOC for your injuries.

If you choose to attack this yourself, you must first file a claim against the governmental entity that you believe to be responsible for your injuries.

If you do this incorrectly, you jeopardize your chances.

This document describes how such a claim must be filed.

http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/pubs/522901.pdf

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would strongly recommend that whichever way you choose to go about this that you contact a Personal Injury Lawyer as they will have a lot more answers for you and as previously stated most Injury Lawyers of FREE Consultation so it is definitely worth the time to go and talk to one. Also in most cases an injury lawyer will be offer free services if your case is lost so if things don't work out you won't have expensive lawyer bills to pay afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back