Consumer Law, Warranties bad carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyforehand

I spent $2300 on new carpet in my house in Nov. 09. The day they were installing it I asked why there was little "tuffs" of carpet sticking up, the owner of the carpet store said it was a norm for new carpet, just snip them off with scissors. The carpet is still producing these little tuffs and I called the carpet man back 3 times so far about the problem and each time he has snipped them off. Right now there is about 50 tuffs. The seam, which runs down the middle of my living room has come apert 3 times, and is coming apart again. You can see the seam plain as day, it is very visable. I have complained to the company that made the carpet (Jan 10) and they "opened a claim". Simce then they have come and looked at it, took pictures and took 2 samples of the carpet for "tests" I am still waiting for an answer. I am done waiting, I want the carpet gone and my $ back. My question is who do I ask for $ back? The carpet seller acts like we have to get if from the company and the carpet company acts like it is the carpet installer. I wasn't given any warrenty on the carpet- did not even think of it- what is my best route to go?
Kelly:mad:

You can bring a small claims action.
However, don't expect to get much of that $2900 back, if you get anything.
These suits are very hard to win.
They are almost impossible.
Your best bet for now, is to await the manufacturer's investigation.
It could be in your favor.
Otherwise, unleash the fury of your small claims lawsuit!

so who am I dragging into court? The seller/installer or the manufature?

the seller is the likely suspect.
Serving the manufacturer is almost impossible, because they are likely in another state.
The installer's work wasn't subpar was it?
The only one left is the seller.
Don't get your hopes up, this is a warranty of merchantability claim, and those aren't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back