Backing up iPhone Text Messages for legal use

Status
Not open for further replies.

StalkedPerson

I have an iPhone and need to restore it. Like a computer, the iPhone's OS starts to malfunction after a while, causing the necessity to erase your phone's contents so that you can restore the phone's OS to factory state.

I have not restored my phone in about a year, and as a result, it keeps crashing all the time. Because of this, I am also not able to update my phone's OS properly meaning that I cannot update my apps or reinstall them because many of them do not work on the old OS. I am still running 2.x!

The time has finally come for me to restore the phone. The alternative would be to keep it the way it is making it useless to do anything but make phone calls and send extremely slow text messages, or buy a new phone (which is something I am trying to avoid).

The problem is that I have a plethora of text messages on my iPhone from someone who physically threatens and assaults me on a regular basis.
Since, he has followed me, attempted physical attacks by himself, physical attacks accompanied by groups of 5 or more friends, and he is also associated with a certain individual who has performed serious libel against me.

These text messages are important because he gives away his intent to assault me on sight, which I may be able to use as supportive evidence to my multiple witnesses on multiple occasions including my fiancée (who was physically grabbed and harassed during one of the incidents).

I wish this would go away, but it seems that it won't. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for me to avoid place where I typically bump into this guy because I work in those areas.

*Is there any way I can make a record of these text messages so that I can possibly use them in a police report and/or in court?

*Can I make a video of me going through my text messages?

*Can I back the text messages up to my computer somehow or print them out?

*Any other ideas?

I have an iPhone and need to restore it. Like a computer, the iPhone's OS starts to malfunction after a while, causing the necessity to erase your phone's contents so that you can restore the phone's OS to factory state.

I have not restored my phone in about a year, and as a result, it keeps crashing all the time. Because of this, I am also not able to update my phone's OS properly meaning that I cannot update my apps or reinstall them because many of them do not work on the old OS. I am still running 2.x!

The time has finally come for me to restore the phone. The alternative would be to keep it the way it is making it useless to do anything but make phone calls and send extremely slow text messages, or buy a new phone (which is something I am trying to avoid).

The problem is that I have a plethora of text messages on my iPhone from someone who physically threatens and assaults me on a regular basis.
Since, he has followed me, attempted physical attacks by himself, physical attacks accompanied by groups of 5 or more friends, and he is also associated with a certain individual who has performed serious libel against me.

These text messages are important because he gives away his intent to assault me on sight, which I may be able to use as supportive evidence to my multiple witnesses on multiple occasions including my fiancée (who was physically grabbed and harassed during one of the incidents).

I wish this would go away, but it seems that it won't. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for me to avoid place where I typically bump into this guy because I work in those areas.

*Is there any way I can make a record of these text messages so that I can possibly use them in a police report and/or in court?

*Can I make a video of me going through my text messages?

*Can I back the text messages up to my computer somehow or print them out?

*Any other ideas?

There are two easy options that come to mind.

One, you can email in their entirety (or forward) the text messages to an email account.

Two, you can use the iPhone's print function to simply print all of the text messages to a printer.

I am on OS2.x

I do not know how to print and do not see any options. Perhaps this is a new feature in OS3 or later?

Also, I do not see any way of how to forward the messages in my iPhone on OS2.x...

Besides, would any of these two methods hold up in court or in a police report?

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I am on OS2.x

I do not know how to print and do not see any options. Perhaps this is a new feature in OS3 or later?

Also, I do not see any way of how to forward the messages in my iPhone on OS2.x...

Besides, would any of these two methods hold up in court or in a police report?

Thanks for the speedy reply.

You're making an assumption that the text messages would ever be allowed.

Text messages are not automatically admissible.

Nevertheless, that's topic for another thread.

Here's an even simpler solution.

Take your iPhone to an AT&T store, an Apple Store, or Best Buy.

Ask a salesperson to print the messages out for you, or forward them to an email account.

Most AT&T Stores and Apple Stores are very helpful in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back