background check insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtedora

hello, i'm new here. 'registered because i need some sophisticated insight into what, if anything, i can do about being mis-identified by the background check company, GIS, commisioned to do the background checks for WALMART. i was officially hired by the company weeks ago, signed all the pertinent papers, etc., and was told there'd be a quick background check as a final step before actually scheduling me for hours. that was the last time i heard from them. come to find out the background check company identified me as a person with only the same first and last name on the State's SEX OFFENDERS REGISTRY, nothing else matched, though they claim both the middle name AND the birthdate matches (TOTALLY FALSE! i've examined the REGISTRY personally, and nothing could be more glaring.). GIS and myself have gone round and round since. i'm 46, have no police record anywhere whatsoever. what can i do if i'm not actually "hired" with finality, now?
as i type, i'm contesting this misidentification to the best of my ability, and these folks at GIS will not give me anything resembling help, assistance, even straight answers when i call the 800-number. it is now going on a month since i was officially "hired" by WALMART.
in limbo, MATT

Sue the pukes who did the background check. They started this entire thing by doing a half-assed job on the background check. Everyday you are out of work, they owe you. You will have to go to court to get your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back