Back Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfj1

I worked for a very small company and they changed the pay roll from biweekly to monthly on payroll day. I went 6 weeks with out being paid. When pay day came around the company lost its credit line and wasn't able to pay me the 6 weeks worth of pay. I was laid off the following Monday via a text msg of all things. I was never sent a separation letter. It took them over a week to do my unemployment paperwork. I tried to get in touch with them regarding getting the things off my desk. It took them 2 months to mail part of my things. I had a mont blanc pen on desk that they "cant find" so they didn't send that. They claimed they mailed the portfolio that was on desk 2 different times. It showed up 11/20 with a post mark date of 11/19. I would like my pen and my back pay. They wont even return my calls and they moved to a new office. I am 99% sure they haven't field for bankruptcy. What is the best legal action with the lowest cost.

Thanks

I am not a attorney.
My suggeston is to get in touch with the Better Business Bureau and Report them. If they have changed the name of the company or moved, give them the previous name and The name of the owner. Hope this might help you.
Do you have any time cards or anything to prove your hours worked and no pay? If so, once you talk to the Wage and Labor Board ... a employer can not work you and not pay. Even if it is minimum wage, they have to pay you. That is Against the Law.

The Better Business Bureau is a consumer agency. They have no interest in and no power to act on employee complaints.

The appropriate agency to contact is not the BBB but the state Department of Labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back