Back Child Support? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyTy

I'm new here so please bare with me. I got married in 1995.Since then my wife and I have 2 children ( Oldest 7 now and youngest 4 ). Back in 2000 we seperated becasue she hade Kidney failure and was very emotional. She thought I cheated on her, but in truth I worked a job that had a union and I got moved to nights. ( Not my fault! ) She could'nt handle me coming in late ( I usually had morning jobs! ) So she left me and took my sons. I did'nt know where they were or anything for months. Come to find out they were hidden at her sister's house and she was in rehab for trying to commit suicide. I did'nt know this. Well Oct of 2000 I went to court for Child Support. I was ordered to pay $250 a month. Well in December of 2000 her and I got back together and lived together until July 2002. When I moved out I discovered tons of letters from Child Support stating that I owed back child support. So why we were back together she hid my mail so I would never know!I paid all the bills because she could'nt work. She was getting Illinois Public aid ( Foodstamps and Medical ) and was also getting SSI for her kidney failure. She had all her info sent to her sister's house so the government would'nt know we were together. Smart girl huh? Well now I owe $8000 back child support. I had printed up a form which stated her and I lived together and that I paid all the bills and provided insurance on my sons. She signed the papers yesterday acknowledging that everything I said was true. So do you think the courts or Illinois state will reduce my back child support even with a signed letter from her? And YES we are still married, but I've filed divorce and should be done with that in December 2003. They took two years of Income tax from me and gave it to her while we were together. She even signed a form stating that I never received a red cent from those checks too. This woman is so money hungry. I don't mind paying Child support because I love my sons and I help bring them to life, but I was living with her for two years after I was ordered to pay child support and I bet I'm still going to have to pay all that. Please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back