Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft b2 visa denied because of shoplifting and waiver question (I-601)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkaite2thelaw

the background:
my mother (65 years old) was cought and trialed for shoplifting in texas; she plead no contest and judge found her guilty for class C misdemeanor(theft under $50); which is not punishable by jail time and got fined.

She went back to Indonesia and applied for a new B2 visa and got rejected; in the rejection letter, it is written that she is violating section 212(a)(2), but she is eligible for waiver of the grounds of ineligibility, and she needs to apply for a waiver in the "attached" form I-724 which was not attached.

I order the form I-724 from INS in america and they sent me I-601 instead because the I-724 is never been finalized.

my questions:
1. Does I-601 applicable for section 212(a)(2)? because I only see 212(a)(1) , 212(a)(3) ,212(a)(6), 212(a)(9), (10,12,19,23) but not 212(a)(2) on the first page.

2. If it is applicable, what is the procedure; just fill and drop this I-601 to the U.S Embassy together with her second DS-156(Nonimmigrant Visa Application)?

3. Do I need to send supporting documents (court report, etc)?

Thank you for you time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back