Automated recordings made to a cellular phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson0317

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didnt see any other places that dealt with communications law.

I was once told by my cellular company - Verizon that it was against FCC rules to make automated recorded calls to a cellular number - especially if they were unwanted.

I got just such a call, tracked down the originator and to my surprize was told, "ya we did it and we will do it again. There is nothing illigal, sue us!"

So can someone help shed some light on this?

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I didnt see any other places that dealt with communications law.

I was once told by my cellular company - Verizon that it was against FCC rules to make automated recorded calls to a cellular number - especially if they were unwanted.

I got just such a call, tracked down the originator and to my surprize was told, "ya we did it and we will do it again. There is nothing illigal, sue us!"

So can someone help shed some light on this?

This may help you:

The national Do-Not-Call list protects home voice or personal wireless phone numbers only.

Has your evening quiet time or dinner been interrupted by a call from a telemarketer? If so, you're not alone. Congress first passed the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) in 1991 in response to consumer concerns about the growing number of unsolicited telephone marketing calls to their homes and the increasing use of automated and prerecorded messages. In response, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopted rules that require anyone making a telephone solicitation call to your home to provide his or her name, the name of the person or entity on whose behalf the call is being made, and a telephone number or address at which that person or entity can be contacted. The original rules also prohibit telephone solicitation calls to your home before 8 am or after 9 pm, and require telemarketers to comply with any do-not-call request you make directly to the caller during a solicitation call. In June 2003, the FCC supplemented its original rules implementing the TCPA and established, together with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the national Do-Not-Call list.

(See more on the FTC web site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back