Auto retail purchase agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunfunbill

Hi everyone, new guy here. :)

A few days ago I stopped by a used car dealer here in Orlando, Florida. I drove a van and liked it, so they had me come inside and proceeded to give me some figures, as well as try to get me financing.

They were not very forthcoming with questions I had, plus I'm 90% deaf which made it harder. They finally told me the price of the van only after they got the financing approved,,,, at 28% interest!

I was still not sure if I was going to buy it as they gathered up all the paperwork and asked me to start signing. The very first form was a general retail purchase agreement, outlining the price of the van, down payment and so on.

It was NOT the "big" contract that has all the financing and everything. Well I signed that, then saw items in the next form that was the final straw for me. So I walked out and never went back. Foolishly I left that one signed paper behind.

They are now calling me, saying I signed the contract and it's a done deal. I only signed that ONE form, never left a deposit nor trade in, never took the van or the keys, never signed any financing papers or any of the two dozen other forms you sign when getting an auto.

So, am I on the hook for anything? Should I go back and try to talk to them? What should I do? Thank you. :)

I'd ignore them.
They'll soon see that you won't be bullied.
The deal was never completed.
If they do sue you, you can claim you didn't understand their instructions due to your handicap.

Thank you for responding. So you don't think I should worry about it, that's good news. My only worry is if they do in fact take the money from the finance company and transfer the title to them.

But if they do that I never signed any agreement to the financing offer, so it would not be valid. However it would become a mess. I'll take your advice and ignore them for now, nothing else I can do. Thanks again. :)

I work at a dealership, army judge, as usual, is spot-on! There is a reason you sign so many documents, they are all needed! Don't do any more business with bullies, and tell your friends to shop elsewhere!

**Sent from my OG Droid**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back