Auto Loans auto loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobydr

I had a verbal agreement with my ex that she could keep the vehicle that I financed for her as long as she made the payments. She agreed and made the payments for a few years. She now has a new boyfriend and he didn't want her to keep it so he had her default on the payments. I was unaware of this when she told me she couldn't make the payments anymore I gave her a few months to try and keep the truck by making the payments or trading it in on something else as I did not want the vehicle. After the three months I was forced to take it from her because she wasn't doing anything about it and it was repossessed a few weeks later by the bank. Now her boyfriend says that in Oregon there is a $15.00 a day late fee applied to the bill that is outstanding on the vehicle and wants me to pay him $293.17. Is this true.

He asked me to pay the amount and I said no and says that he is going to take legal action. Should I be worried and is it worth the time and money? He has nothing to do with the circumstances.

It seems this should be between you & your ex. He may just be trying to scare you to get you to pay. If you are sued, you do not have to pay unless the court rules against you.

Could somebody elaborate on what late fee he is referring to? I'm assuming it is the late fee from making the payment late. If I'm right, why would she not have to pay that fee?

SHE is not the one who financed the vehicle. It is HIS loan and payments are his responsibility, as well as any late fees. The new boyfriend has no part in any of this.

I think you're misunderstanding me. First, I was the one that posted the original question. My question is is he trying to get the late fee that she had to pay when she made the payment late?

It does not matter what he is asking for. He has no grounds to ask or demand anything of you. It is apparently YOUR loan that is none of HIS business. Same goes for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back