Auto body repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolltide

I was involved in an accident on Halloween. Had my truck taken to a local body shop. It sat for 4 weeks before the estimate was done. Now it's December and my truck has been on the frame machine since I dropped it off. The estimate came to a little over $10,000. The insurance co. Issued a check and the body shop cashed it to order parts before finding out there was frame damage. I went to get an update and was told by the tech that had they known the frame was bent that bad they would've totaled it. Now, they're still trying to fix it and haven't informed the insurance co. about the frame damage until I called them and gave them the run down. Basically I'm wondering if I'm obligated to take the truck back when repaired even though I was told that it should have been totaled?

You need to work this out with your insurance company. They may not want you to take it back if the vehicle is a liability.
Insurance has to sort it out with the repair shop. The insurance company may send their own representative to inspect the vehicle.

What did your ins. co. say when you called them re add'l. damage - work with your ins. company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back