Auto Adjuster taken sweet time to settle

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelle67

The statue of limitations will be up on my auto personal injury claim in 1 month. The adjuster made a ridiculous offer last year and I turned it down. The adjuster has not made any other offer since then. Now, I guess I need an attorney to move this along. Question: Am I looking at an attorney fee of 34% for an attorney to just send a letter of Petition to Settle the claim? Everything has already been taken of regarding the claim (accepting liability, medical claims have been submitted plus lost wages, etc.).

Thank you

You need to file suit against the person, not the insurance company. If it is within the small claims you can file on your own, otherwise you need an attorney and 34% plus costs is standard. Get one immediately or the deadline will pass.

Thank you lwpat for your response. I was able to contact an attorney via our local news and he said that most attorneys will negotiate a lower percentage since there is really nothing else that needs to be done except send a letter of petition to settle and file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back