Auto Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrover

Hello,
My wife was involved in a car accident recently. The driver of the other car ran a stop sign and collided with the auto my wife was driving. This resulted in minor physical injuries to my wife and a total loss of the vehicle.

The other driver was ticketed and the other driver's insurance company has accepted liability.

Question: Since I am handling this on my own, where can I get good advice on correct procedures for demand letters, proper valuation of the medical expenses (future costs), emotional distress, etc.

Thanks in advance.

hm, there surely are some self help books out there for things like that, have a look at Nolo Press, the publish a lot of that, and of course on the internet, but, if I were you, I would think twice of going solo on that one.

Either it is as you said, just a typical car accident, then there are no "future medical costs" and stuff like that, you get the money for the car and for treatmentof the "minor injuries" and change and that's it, or you have a much more complicated case here that deserves to be handled by a lawyer.

If you want to sue for future medical costs and the like you might soon find yourself be forced to obtain expert medical evidence and other stuff. That should be handled by someone who knows what he is doing.

Originally posted by redrover
Hello,
My wife was involved in a car accident recently. The driver of the other car ran a stop sign and collided with the auto my wife was driving. This resulted in minor physical injuries to my wife and a total loss of the vehicle.

The other driver was ticketed and the other driver's insurance company has accepted liability.

Question: Since I am handling this on my own, where can I get good advice on correct procedures for demand letters, proper valuation of the medical expenses (future costs), emotional distress, etc.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what kind of damages you are claiming and your insurance company should be assisting you with this. You should be able to get reimbursed for medical expenses but I really don't know what kind of future costs and damages you are claiming if they are minor. Is your wife seeing a psychologist as a result of nightmares and refuses to drive? What damages do you intend to claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back