Auto accident question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine66a

My boyfriend tapped in to a car while backing out of a driveway. At that time he went inside and told the women that he had hit her car and wanted her to come outside and see it. The two of them went and looked at the car (he hit her rear passenger wheel and there was paint transfer on the wheel well) and the women said not to worry that it was nothing. Feeling bad my boyfriend offered again to have the paint buffed and the car detailed if she would like and the owner of the car refused again. Next thing you know she contacts me and says that her husband is having a fit, I told her that I was not there and do not know the details but if she feels that there is a problem to get a couple of estimates and call or mail them to my boyfriend. So she drops off a estimate at my place of business, and the estimate is for over a thousand dollars. Here is the best part, the damage that is stated in the estimate is not the part of the car that he hit. Here is the question.... Since she stated there was "no damage " and to "forget about it" , and there is no accident report is he legally responsible to pay for this.
Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back