Auto accident not at fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis morris

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I was rear ended at a traffic light needed to see a chrioprater and physical therapy also went to the hospital in a ambulance all in all my medical Bill's are 14000 the losing insurance company wants to pay 17500 there is a hospital loan for 5800 dollars we tried to get the hospital to take a lump sum less my question is do the hospitals usually take less if paid in full and is the lawer congincey fee based on the 17500 or after the medical Bill's are paid the attorney wont tell me how much I will get in this settlement this is very disturbing to me he tells me it's only his job to make me whole again amd all I am asking about is money can someone plz shead some light on thos for me I was told a release and a chk is in the mail I have not signed anything yet since I'm not sure what I will get out of thos settlement

What hospital loan??

So the insurance company is offering you MORE than your medical bills? What's the problem then?

Before you agree to the settlement be sure that the final result covers all your losses.
After all deductions and bills are paid there may not be much left, but you certainly should not still owe.
Be careful with the language of the agreement as accepting it could prevent you from seeking any additional damages.

If the offer does leave you owing then you need to discuss options with your attorney. Is the offer the maximum the insurance policy provides? Is there room to negotiate?

...he tells me it's only his job to make me whole again amd all I am asking about is money...

Yes, it seems as though you only care about money.

You didn't hit the jackpot here. If you think you're going to strike it rich your wrong.

You should be speaking to your attorney about your case - not a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

What hospital loan??

So the insurance company is offering you MORE than your medical bills? What's the problem then?

I understood the concern to be that after the attorney takes his cut there may not be enough left to cover the damages unless the hospital accepts less, which probably isn't likely.

is the lawer congincey fee based on the 17500

You MUST ask your lawyer in order for you to receive the CORRECT answer.

No one but YOU and YOUR lawyer have access to the retainer agreement you and your lawyer signed.

As for the FINAL amount you MIGHT receive after your medical bills have been paid, AGAIN, I suggest you discuss this ONLY with your lawyer.

If you are NOT satisfied with your current lawyer, speak to other lawyers to determine how you might dismiss your current lawyer and retain a lawyer that you believe will better benefit you.

It is never wise to discuss any confidential matters with ANYONE but YOUR attorney!

is the lawer congincey fee based on the 17500

The lawyer gets his percentage off the top. Then the bills and expenses get paid. Then you get the rest.

I was told a release and a chk is in the mail I have not signed anything yet since I'm not sure what I will get out of thos settlement

You are free to tell your attorney that you aren't signing anything or accepting the settlement until he goes over the figures with you. It's also his job to get your medical providers to compromise their liens (not loan) so more cash goes to you.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier to read and understand what you write.

the losing insurance company

What does this mean? I assume you're talking about the auto liability insurer for the driver who rear ended you, but what did this insurance company "lose"? Did you sue and get a judgment?

we tried to get the hospital to take a lump sum less my question

Huh? A "lump sum less my question"? And who are "we"?

do the hospitals usually take less if paid in full

Why would the hospital take anything less than what is owed? Regardless of the answer to that question, any sort of generalizations about hospitals would be utterly pointless.

the attorney wont tell me how much I will get in this settlement

Then you should refuse to agree to any settlement until its terms are explained to you to your satisfaction.

can someone plz shead some light on thos for me

That's your attorney's job. No one here knows anything about your settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back