Authorities in NH maliciously violated my civil rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishepherdu

I was "court-ordered" to get legal representation in a misdeamnor criminal case in New Hampshire. I couldn't afford legal help at the time, because I was homeless and destitute and living on the streets. An elderly man was my judge and He behaved disgruntled and appeared hung-over from alcohol.
He "ordered" me to file for free legal representation(public defender) and I truthfully wrote that I had no assests,income,job or a home. I was homeless and destitute and the paperwork reflected that honestly.
The court appointed me an attorney "at no cost" and 10-12yrs later I visited NH and was unknowingly arrested and told the charge was "failure" to pay back the public defender. The miranda rights said, If you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided for you at no cost, in my case the court demanded I pay them back, but I never knew or received any public defender
paperwork stating I owed money. Imagine 10-12 years later, I was picked up and jailed for "failure to pay" the (PUBLIC DEFENDER) I would like a civil rights attorney to take my case and prosecute the state of NH for willful violation of my miranda, I need constructive feedback and helpful direction in proceeding "carefully" as gentle as a dove and as wise as a serpent, lest the court try to jail me discriminately. NH has a vicious reputation for prosecuting and mishandling the public "despitefully" and jailing people discriminately. I fled the state and need wise counsel in this matter,

Thank you

If you fled the state, and didn't procede with the case, you are truely in big trouble and need a criminal attorney first.

Concerning the other issues; There is no way to do what you propose - gentle as a dove. Do you have copies of the original paperwork and proof of your homelessness from that time period? You will need to prove your case to justify that you didn't owe the original monies, before you can proceed. However, I doubt a civil rights attorney will even look at your case. They usually (not always) take cases where there are a "group" of clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back