Attorney Misconduct (Conflict of Interest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good laord, now you're up to 3,300 PLUS posts. Do you have a certificate proving that you're an official internet expert? Hey, at least justblue gave you a LIKE L.O.L.

BTW, "exec is the judiciary" is not the issue......the issue is that you're a fraud. But, keep posting, it's rather amusing
You might consider reading Post #36. ;)

Good laord, now you're up to 3,300 PLUS posts. Do you have a certificate proving that you're an official internet expert? Hey, at least justblue gave you a LIKE L.O.L.

BTW, "exec is the judiciary" is not the issue......the issue is that you're a fraud. But, keep posting, it's rather amusing
You're an extraordinary rude person. Zigner is a valued volunteer of this site, who has helped hundreds of members. You, on the other hand, are a rude, entitled brat that was obviously raised by idiots that couldn't be bothered to teach you basic manners. Go pay an attorney for help.

I am about two inches away from locking this thread.

Why? Because once again your regular "trolls" here such as Zigner and JustBlue, who post 1,000's of plain ignorant drivel get called out for the poseurs that they are?

These, and a few other miscreants have been the cancer here, NOT innocent people who sign up and want to discuss legal issues. It is a forum, right? Or, is it a trap so that a select few can get their jollies and attempt to defame total strangers? Your "trolls" need to get a life.

There, got that said. I've lurked here long time and finally had enough of the internet addicts like JustBlue that apparently do not have a life outside of the triple-W

You stated that the executor is the judiciary. I am pointing out that you are wrong. I understand that you likely didn't intend to say this, but a gracious person would acknowledge their error.

Thanks for the opportunity to add yet another post to my count.

Why? Because once again your regular "trolls" here such as Zigner and JustBlue, who post 1,000's of plain ignorant drivel get called out for the poseurs that they are?

These, and a few other miscreants have been the cancer here, NOT innocent people who sign up and want to discuss legal issues. It is a forum, right? Or, is it a trap so that a select few can get their jollies and attempt to defame total strangers? Your "trolls" need to get a life.

There, got that said. I've lurked here long time and finally had enough of the internet addicts like JustBlue that apparently do not have a life outside of the triple-W
Oh look! I have a new fan!!

((hugs)) to you!!

Interesting that I "don't have a life" because I pop in here a couple of times a day and interact, but YOU spend your time lurking and contribute nothing except this one useless post.

Nichelle, perhaps you should stop lurking your way through life and learn to interact politely with people.

Actually, the purpose of the forum is not to "discuss" legal issues. It is to provide general legal information. There's a difference.
It is also not a place for individuals who wish to have their incorrect legal theories rubber-stamped. We call a spade, a spade here.
Perhaps, Nichelle, you'd like to explain how your denouncement of those posters who volunteer their time here to helping the posters CORRECTLY understand their legal situation (instead of just blindly telling them they;re right whether they are or not) contributes to assisting the OP with his issues? I'll leave the thread open just for you, so you can tell us that.

Last edited:

Trolls are likely to replicate themselves to offer the ILLUSION of mass support.

A picture often reveals EVERYTHING without saying ANYTHING.

snapshot_www.thelaw.com_1628454982069.png

snapshot_www.thelaw.com_1628455321541.png

There is a chance that he is using a proxy server. But the vast majority don't use them. Also, in most cases the IP address will only get you a city or in some cases a state.

Ok. You have an Estate Administrator. You have an Estate Attorney (hired by the Administrator). You have Heirs (one which is utilizing the services of this Estate Attorney). The Heirs have been providing the usual estate information (some potentially private or confidential) to this Attorney.

The other Heirs knew nothing of this 3-way Admin/Attorney/Heir relationship? No disclosure of this relationship to the Heirs? No Consent of Waiver signed by the Heirs?

And yet.....some of you "experts" here don't think there is a conflict of interest?

To the OP: GO AFTER THAT SCUM BAG. File a complaint with the Iowa State Board of Ethics and perhaps have your attorney file an emergency motion to have this clown removed immediately

And yet.....some of you "experts" here don't think there is a conflict of interest?

Your statement tells me you don't understand how the attorney conflict of rules work. The conflict of interest is with respect the lawyer representing the estate personal representative and the one heir at the same time. Those are the two clients involved. They are the ones that would have standing to make an issue out of the conflict of interest.

The other heirs are not represented by the attorney. So, they don't have the problem that either (1) the attorney will not do as a good a job for them because of the conflict or (2) that the attorney will use confidential information against them that the attorney got
while representing them.

So what is the real harm here to the OP as a result of the conflict? There isn't any. The OP's concern here is making sure that the estate personal representative — which is the only person in this scenario that does owe a duty to the OP — carries out his duties properly. The OP has his own attorney to help him with holding the personal representative's feet to the fire.

The OP may certainly consult his attorney about this. The OP may file a complaint with the state authority that licenses and disciplines lawyers if he wants, but it's unlikely to do any good because he is not the client of the attorney. As for filing a motion to get the attorney barred from representing the estate personal representative and the brother, I think that's likely to get kicked out because the OP lacks standing to complain about it, again because he is not the client.

Just to make it clear, the conflict of interest rules for lawyers are designed to protect the current and former clients of the lawyer. If you are not a current or former client of the lawyer you're there isn't going to be a conflict of interest for you to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back