Attorney fired, but holding my filing fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit001

I was considering to file chapter 7 Bankruptcy about 2 yrs ago. My attorney was very slow on the case and before it was ready for filing (in about a :mad: year!) my financial situation has changed and I was only eligible for Chapter 13. Then he was veery slow again- not returning calls, cancelling appointments, etc. Finally, I decided that bankruptcy would not help me and I fired my attorney by sending him an e-mail. Services and filing fees were prepaid and he replied that I can get back my filing fees only.
Its now been 3 months and I did not get anything. No replies to my e-mails. His assistant was very rude and keep telling me lies (someone will call you back, check we'll be issued on 1st of the month, etc)
What can I do in this case in order to get my money back and may be explain this attorney that he should care about his customers....?
Thank you

Send a certified letter, return receipt to demand an answer. That is the first step. Sending an email isn't usually the best way to make sure the other person has heard you and before you take more serious action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back