Attorney changed stipulation order

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderkos

My wife filed for divorce in Nov. Since we have one child no assets and nothing but debt we agreed to do it ourselves. We went to mediation over the child custody issue and came to an agreement. When we went before the court on the child custody issue suddenly my wife had an attorney. The attorney took me outside of the courtroom and demanded I sign a stipulation. She said it was the law and I had to sign. I signed it and the court proceedings went ahead. When I got out of court I saw it had been checked in the boxes we are to share child care costs and health costs so that was fine by me as I want to be responsible for my child. It was also checked that I am to pay the provider directly which was good. Now the attorney has sent me a Findings and Order after Hearing which she has typed in I am to pay my wife directly. I do not want that and she has told me to object within 20 days or the order will be submitted to the court. How do I object to her order. Do I respond in writing to the attorney or to the court. I just do not want her to change the part about my paying directly to the provider as my wife is sending me outrageous bills with no proof of costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back