Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Attempt to use a Fake ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam1988

Hello,
I'm currently a 18 year old college student. I don't drink at all. Although I have many older friends. I go to clubs 3 times a week, i purchased a fake ID that way i can get into clubs that require you to be over 21 years old. Again, I use the ID to get into these clubs, although I don't drink at all. Well I get real nervous when I use it, noting that the gentlemen at the door has cops around him. If the gentlemen ever finds that the ID is fake and notifies the nearby officers, what are the consequences?

I'm not using the ID for alcohol purpoese. I'm just using it to get into the club. There is alcohol around me, although I don't consume it.

I get real nervous, as I'm an educated young man that has a bright future.

I'm in Texas, incase it matters.

If you wish that future to remain "bright", you will cease using the fake ID, shred and burn it, and go on with your studies.

Presenting false identification purporting to be an authentic state-issued identification is a crime.

- Carl

I was told it was a "slap on the hand"

I was told it was a "slap on the hand" for the first offense. I have no problem paying large amounts of money to the court, as long as it doesn't stay on my record. I figured since I don't drink, it won't be a major punishable offense.

sam_1988 said:
I was told it was a "slap on the hand" for the first offense. I have no problem paying large amounts of money to the court, as long as it doesn't stay on my record. I figured since I don't drink, it won't be a major punishable offense.
It is a criminal offense and it WOULD stay on your record. Most states have increased the penalties for possession and using false identification as a result of 9/11.

Is kicking it with your pals worth the gamble?

- Carl

And what does drinking or not drinking have to do with fake IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back