ATM took back my money because I took long to retrieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tita13

I took $ 400 out of an atm and I guess I took long and the atm sucked my money back into the machine. When this happened, I went over to the bank that owns the atm machine and told them what happened. The lady teller called the company that operates the atm and told them what happened and she said they said my money will be back into my account in 24 hours. Well 24 hours passed and the money was not in my account so I called the bank and a man answered the phone. The man told me that there was nothing they could do and told me I would have to call my bank. Well I called my bank and they told me it would take 45-60 days for them to dispute the charges unless I get the bank who owns the atm to send them a letter saying that the machine did indeed retract the money and then they could credit me my account. Well I called the bank and tried to get information on who owns the atm. The name of the bank that is on the atm I called them and they told me that they did not have anything to do with the money and transaction part. I then asked them who did and he said he could not give me that information. To make a long story short, the bank finally told me who operated the atm but it turned out that was a lie. I finally found out who really owns the atm and I called my bank and told them and they said that they could not do anything about it, they had to go through there process. They said since they are third party to a bank they could not do anything except the process the law allows them to go by. They are an online banking company for prepaid debit cards. So I called the company that operates the atm and informed them of what happened. As of now they are telling me that they do not see any transactions that are over but yet they had a technician come out early this week to fix on the atm. I am concerned that they are trying to find a way to lie and say there is no money over in the atm. This is $400 and everyone I have talked to to try and get my money back has been giving me the round around. No one is being truthful to me and I am so scared I will lose my money. My question is what can I do to make these people do their job because I believe they are going to try and rip me off.

Last edited:
I took $ 400 out of an atm and I guess I took long and the atm sucked my money back into the machine. When this happened, I went over to the bank that owns the atm machine and told them what happened. The lady teller called the company that operates the atm and told them what happened and she said they said my money will be back into my account in 24 hours. Well 24 hours passed and the money was not in my account so I called the bank and a man answered the phone. The man told me that there was nothing they could do and told me I would have to call my bank. Well I called my bank and they told me it would take 45-60 days for them to dispute the charges unless I get the bank who owns the atm to send them a letter saying that the machine did indeed retract the money and then they could credit me my account. Well I called the bank and tried to get information on who owns the atm. The name of the bank that is on the atm I called them and they told me that they did not have anything to do with the money and transaction part. I then asked them who did and he said he could not give me that information. To make a long story short, the bank finally told me who operated the atm but it turned out that was a lie. I finally found out who really owns the atm and I called my bank and told them and they said that they could not do anything about it, they had to go through there process. They said since they are third party to a bank they could not do anything except the process the law allows them to go by. They are an online banking company for prepaid debit cards. So I called the company that operates the atm and informed them of what happened. As of now they are telling me that they do not see any transactions that are over but yet they had a technician come out early this week to fix on the atm. I am concerned that they are trying to find a way to lie and say there is no money over in the atm. This is $400 and everyone I have talked to to try and get my money back has been giving me the round around. No one is being truthful to me and I am so scared I will lose my money. My question is what can I do to make these people do their job because I believe they are going to try and rip me off.

Your tagline says Florida.
You could bring a small claims action in Florida against all parties.
Once they get served, one (perhaps ALL) of them will be anxious to return your money and avoid an embarassing legal dilemma.
Banks and bankers hate bad publicity.

Or, an even faster method might be to contact your local television station(s) and ask them to investigate the matter.
Television stations often get very fast results.
Again, banks and bankers strive to fly below the radar, muc like insurance companies, they are verys staid and avoid the limelight.

If you have any receipts the machine gave you, they would be very helpful to those who try to assist you.
The ATM will also have your picture (or video0 of teh entire transaction.

There is proof you can use to help you prevail.

This happened to me once, and it took 3 business days for them to put the money back in my account. They should be able to check the money in the machine against all trans. and refund your money. They are right in saying that the owner of the atm is the ones responsable for taking care of the problem. Good luck and keep on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back