At risk of abduction charges

Shabreee80

Jurisdiction
California
I have a custody order where the judge granted myself physical and legal custody
Where the father was granted visitation (no supervised visits even though he's a convicted child rapest) every other weekend..that court date took place in may of last year,since that time I had to move with corosponding completely (through email) with the father about the move.. I double checked through my court documents to make sure u wasn't liable for notifing the court's I didn't see anything indicating a responsibility to
Needing to do so
So as time went on the father began flaking on visits last minute due to work or whatever he felt was more important
So three weekend's in so row ... So disapointimg to my son
I was planing on going to court myself for this issue plus the fact this man has a problem leaving our personal issues in the past meaning... He floods my email, leaves voicemails sometimes 3x. a day
Constantly belitting me
Or trying to make me feel bad of him not being able to see our son or because of our failed relationship
The list goes on and on
So my sons birthday rolls around and he calls demanding to see him .
I'm sorry but in not going for the drop in holiday daddy plus when he demanded this it wasn't his weekend and I already had plans
I realize my biggest mistake was not going to court to file I have had so much on my plate if the judge really knew if human hed understand
Well I had NO other choice but to relocate in another county about an hour and a half away from the county of jurisdiction
I
was just made aware (without being properly served documents) my son's 5yrs
Father filed a modification and a court date was held and apparently his wishes were granted joint custody
About the same time give or take a day or two I recived an email from an investigator for the child abduction unit of the city I used to reside in
That same day my mother received documents from the district attorneys office
Stating they are preparing to file charges against me for not letting my sons father keep his visits..(understandably that is violation of his rights and disobeying a court order) however I changed my number due to the harassment I was receiving and started sending his emails to spam
I contacted the investigator the very next day only to end up speaking to two of her colleagues whome said I had nothing to worry about and she was out of the office and she would return my call after the weekend
Well Monday I tried no success
I made attempts to call and left voice message s still a week has gone by no return phone call. I have nothing to hide I have my address to her office as well
I just really don't know what the next step for me is
I live so far away that I can't just take a bus there
To the court house
I also cannot afford attorney fees
I would appreciate any insight on this
Thank you

The non-custodial parent need not ever visit the child, call the child, or even send a birthday card.

The general wisdom says if he or she is rarely visiting, you simply distract the child when the kid mentions it.
Never bad mouth the other parent.
Kids have a rather short memory.

All you have to do is follow the spirit and letter of the current visitation/custody agreement.

You aren't required to respond to every idiotic thing posted on social media.

Back