Assumption of mortgage woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCritelli

Hi from Florida,

I ran into some trouble with a condo I bought back in '03. I lost my job and a lien was filed by the condo association in '05. I couldn't afford to pay that off so I was in big trouble and had to get out as soon as possible. I called a foreclosure assistance place out of the flyer; I think it was called Fast Home solutions. They gave me the option to stay and rent or I could move out and they would give me $1000. Well, I couldn't afford to stay and rent so I took the money and ran. Dumb idea...

They did satisfy the first lien but since then they have been repeatedly late with the payments and another lien has been filed this past January, again by the condo association. The problem lies in the fact that Bank of America has no record of anybody assuming the mortgage and have been reporting the delinquent payments to the credit bureau in my name. I searched the Pinellas county records and found no assumption agreement recorded, but I'm not really sure if that's a requirement in Florida. According to public record all they did was create a trust in my name. I'm not sure what that does for them or me. I'm concerned obviously because if they stop making the payments it seems like it's going to be my problem not theirs. I'm wondering what to do next because BoA and Fast home solutions offer no help whenever I call them.

Unless you pay your mortgage or the mortgage company lets you off the hook (which will never happen), then you are still responsible for the payment of the mortgage.

I dont think you can assume mortgages. You may have been scammed. You either have to sell the house or refi it completely. Until then all your late payments will be reported.

Habe you considered filing for bankruptcy?

I can't sell the house because the deed doesn't belong to me anymore. Would refinancing do anything for me? I've been told by a lawyer that there's nothing they can do and to just have the bank foreclose. I'm really hoping that's just them being lazy or not wanting to take a case there is no money in. I hope that's not the only option. I guess that's what I get for being young, desperate, and ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back