Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass assulted and arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

mech1

i went out to a club the other night with some friends. we went to the door we always enter and were given an attitude by the bouncer and told to use front door. so we went to the front and entered. went up the stairs and the bouncer was standing there yelling at us to keep moving. the hallway was jammed and no where to go. he pushed me and said "i said keep it moving". I turned around and said whats your problem and he grabbed me and put me in a choke hold. from here I only know what the witnesses are telling me as I blacked out. when I regained cousciouness I found myself handcuffed in a cop car. I was arrested for resisting arrest w/ violence (felony) and trespassing(mis). The police report states that the officer was working an off duty detail and was summoned to a fight. when he responded he said he saw a few bouncers fighting with me and he tried to gain control of me by using several pain techniqes which did not work. also states that I was told to leave several times. The witnesses (which are VERY credible) tell me this is not true at all. By the way the police would not take their statement and threated to arrest them. They witnessed the bouncer grab me and choke me until my face was the color of a plum. My friend told the bouncer to get off of him your going to kill him the bouncer then dropped me to the ground and began choking him. i dont know how he got him off but when he let my friend go he picked me back up (which I was still unconscious) and began choking me again. other bouncers were tring to get him off of me. The cop was trying to handcuff me as the bouncer was choking me. I was again purple and flailing my arms for my life. I have no recollection of any of this. I do know that we didnt even get in to get a beer. I have a reciept from a previous bar with one drink on it at 12.21 am which is 10-15 min. away from incident bar. the arrest affidavit is written at 12.50 am. we didnt even leave to go out until 11.30 pm alcohol was not an issue and not mentioned on the report.

O.K. sorry so long but my questions are: how do I get the charges thrown out?
How can my friend and I press charges against bouncer? What cival action can I take and against who? Do I have to wait for charges to be dropped before civil
action?

some other notes: The bouncer has a history of this activity. As we contacted his old employers and he has been fired twice before for same thing and one bar owner said he would not hire him because of this.
Other bouncers were yelling at him and telling him he is out of line and unnescessary after the incident
The officer was not in uniform and had nothing identifying him as an officer on him.
I also urinated myself while being choked(which I was told by a medical professional, is a sign I was near dead)
I had to go to the emergency room next day. my shoulder has torn nerve damage and neck problems.

Thanks for your time

This is serious stuff which you should not attempt to handle without an attorney. You should hire one asap. He will then explain to you all your options including civil claims against the bouncer, the club, may be even against the cop and the PD. And of course you need a defense attorney to fight against the felony and other charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back