Assets after a divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candace7

Short and sweet: my x and I were divorced almost 2 years ago...right before was in an accident and is mentally handicapped, his mom has guardianship. Fast forward till now, there is a 4-wheeler that I purchased on my credit card, etc...this was not listed on his side of the divorce or mine. Therefore, isnt it 50/50? Which is what they have told me we would do this whole time. Well they listed it as an asset on Medicaid and told me I have to sell it and give them all the money for it. I have it, I have the title, and proof I purchased it. Can they do this and take it because they listed a 4-wheeler as his asset? Isnt it half mine? Legally would I get in trouble to sell it and just keep the money for our kids that they are not helping me with and seem to want nothing to do with now! Any help would be great... Thanks...

Well the title is not in my name it is still in the name of the guys I bought it from, our issue at the time because we never had it in our names. I was going to get the title in my name as soon as I can. Will that come back to get me if I have to date the title? Regardless the money is going to be put in an education fund for our children if they want the money they would have to sue our son which would be pretty low. Does this sound like okay steps for me to take? Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back