Justice System, Police, Courts Assaulting a Federal officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcraig41

My nephew, 27, his mother, 14 year old sister, 13 year old sister-in-law and 2 year old son were having a picnic at the National Lake shore today. My nephew had a beer. A couple of DNR officers approached and told him he could not have the beer and that he would have to dump it out. He was doing just that when one of the officers pulled out his night stick. When he did that, one of the other officers pulled his gun and told them all to get down on the ground. When the 2 year old did not comply with the order the officer pointed the gun at him and repeated himself. My nephew, the father of the 2 year old, took the night stick away from the one officer and evidently hit both of them with it in order to get them away from his son. He was arrested for assault and is sitting in the County jail. My niece (the 13 year old) was held for questioning all day at the Ranger station and not allowed to leave or have a parent with her. She just called her mother a half hour ago to say she could come and get her.
I guess my question is 1) is it legal to hold minors without any sort of representative there. 2) what in Gods name is going to happen to my nephew? He was only trying to protect his son. This is completely insane. What do we do?

When the 2 year old did not comply with the order the officer pointed the gun at him and repeated himself.
I find it difficult to believe that the officer was concerned with a 2-year-old. Did you witness any of this yourself?

My nephew, the father of the 2 year old, took the night stick away from the one officer and evidently hit both of them with it in order to get them away from his son.
Tremendously bad idea!!! :eek:

I guess my question is 1) is it legal to hold minors without any sort of representative there.
Generally, yes.

2) what in Gods name is going to happen to my nephew? He was only trying to protect his son. This is completely insane. What do we do?
Taking an officer's weapon and assaulting officers is NOT the way to deal with it ... in fact, he could have been SHOT!!! You take the baton from one of MY officers (God forbid) and start attacking me or my fellow officers, and you are likely to receive a .40 caliber air conditioning treatment!

He needs to contact an attorney ASAP! He also should refrain from making ANY comment about the incident to friends, family, etc. as anything he says to anyone is NOT protected speech, and these people CAN be called to court to testify against him.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back