Assault & Battery Assaulted & disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandoval

I am disabled person with degenerative disk disease, 2 herniated disks, & scoliosis. I was assaulted one evening as I walked outside of my home to investigate what was going on outside and only to get assaulted by my neighbor who struck me in the face with his fist and he was not arrested for assault ? I was taking to the ER and was examined by a Dr. & he asked the officer what he was going to do about the obvious bruising on the right side if my face and he replied nothing? I was the one that got arrested & I didn't retaliate or swing back or anything!! I just walked outside to find out what was going on & I got arrested??

I am disabled person with degenerative disk disease, 2 herniated disks, & scoliosis. I was assaulted one evening as I walked outside of my home to investigate what was going on outside and only to get assaulted by my neighbor who struck me in the face with his fist and he was not arrested for assault ? I was taking to the ER and was examined by a Dr. & he asked the officer what he was going to do about the obvious bruising on the right side if my face and he replied nothing? I was the one that got arrested & I didn't retaliate or swing back or anything!! I just walked outside to find out what was going on & I got arrested??

Oh my goodness, what a horrible experience.

Okay, all you need do is appear in court when instructed, plead NOT guilty, make no confessions or admissions, simply say one of the following:
1) Your honor, in view of my not guilty plea, I'd like some time ot hire a lwyer;
OR
2) Your honor, I am unable to afford my own attorney, and I respectfully request that one be appointed to represent me in this matter.

Then remain calm, don't discuss anything about your case, except I'd like to speak to an attorney.

Then you stay out of trouble, meet with the attorney, then you discuss your case, follow the advice of YOUR attorney, and stop BLABBING about any of this.

Good grief. Follow army judge's advice - plead not guilty & get a lawyer. Good luck to you.

Clearly the officer had another version of events that placed you as the aggressor. He was either provided this information or evidence of some kind indicated that you were the aggressor and not the other guy.

What code section(s) were you charged with?

That's a very good question, mightymoose.

Not that voluntary intoxication on drugs or alcohol will be a legal defense in almost any state.

True but I think MM was just saying that might have been why OP was arrested.

Could be ... that's also why it's important to know the state and the statute under which he is charged.

Certainly agree in order to tell the OP any more than we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back