assault victim nothing done

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BillyB

I was viciously assaulted in my own doorway on june 22, 2013 by an adult and two juveniles. Injuries included being knocked down, repeatededly punched and kicked resulting in many wounds and a one inch gash above my eye requiring stitches. Police and ambulance are on record as being present, emergency treatment and information/report taken. The assailants had fled assured to me by police they would be picked up. I waited 2 weeks, heard nothing so called police. The sgt. took my info and said he would get back to me. I waited again and nothing. I contacted ghe county victims office, they told me there was no such report on record to contact my local police again which I did. They now tell me the officer that took my report the night of the assault was fired and did not submit my report. I had to fill out a new report. I did and waited weeks again...nothing. I now contacted the county DA's office, went and filled out report. That was last November. Guess what....nothing from them to this day. What do I have to do to bring these ppl to justice? I gave all their names and addresses to all of them. Penna. Statutes of limitations is 2 years and it's coming fast. Can anyone advise? One more item, civil suits are out....they have nothing.

I'm sorry you had to endure that and still endure it.
You could contact the chief of police, your elected city council person, the mayor, the district or prosecuting attorney.
The press is always interested in hearing about these oversights, slights, and citizen abuses. I'd try contacting the television stations, radio stations, and the local newspaper.

If you are disabled, a senior citizen, a veteran, a gay, a lesbian, a transgender, or some other large group; try contacting agencies and organizations that support those communities.

Let us know what transpires after you've done some leg work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back