Assault & Battery Assault by contact class C

Blookm

Jurisdiction
Texas
Lets start the story. So i'm aspiring law student still in undergrad

Lets some this up because i think this is cut and dry but its the principle and my core beliefs right now at risk.

This event happened in Houston Texas area, I had a female over that i have known and had sexual relations with for more than 6 months.we had sexual relations and alcohol that night. Argument ensued shortly after when i would not buy her more cigarettes or alcohol. I told her she needs to go, she ensued with name calling and elevated voice to screaming i said," you need to go please" she did not. I took her purse from my couch inside my home not on her person and threw it into the lawn and said you need to leave again. She then attacked me with slapping, until she leaves seconds later to retrieve her property so I digress. She in turn calls the police and said i pushed or shoved her i have not seen the report yet. This is a falsehood and lie. This happened in the privacy of my own home with no witnesses.
The Police appear and knocked at my door, they had no warrant of coarse on a initial call and i'm aware i have alcohol on my breath and choose to not honor there request to open the door to talk to me, because i know how strong a woman's voice is in Texas from so many civil rights cases these days, but I was not arrested or served papers, she text me the next morning and says ill see you in court.( I scratch my head, REALLY)
With that alone I would like to know my grounds i know this is a simple 350-500$ with admission of guilt or found guilty plus more. The problem but its the principle of right and wrong and she falsified a police report out of anger.

Two nights later i ask her to come meet me at a bar restaurant me and my friends she does not know, my friends ask her in private who i am and have i ever touched her or laid hands on her she confesses, "Never". My friends date stamp some photos of us out in public having a good time. Earlier that day i found out i had these charges of simple assault. She says, "she will not show in court". I don't trust a word she says. But if she does not show great. She still falsified a police report and this is wrong. Its not that i'm worried or stressed of this maybe i am. but she is constantly texting and trying to lure incriminating text from me on unrelated topics and some related. This should be her word verse mine if she shows and if this goes to trail.

Forgive my grammar and spelling i did this somewhat hasty but i just tried to rant it and tell it the best i could and how it happened.

I will make my initial plea of not guilty in 3 weeks, I'll request a trail by jury i guess then reset, if she shows at the next ill request a reset to seek representation. horrible aspiring undergrad wanting to go to law school and this happens. This is not justice. I'm a Marine and i want to believe in this system and country and i want this to go to trail in a way and if it does i want her to be found guilty of falsifying a police record this should not be happening, if anything she assaulted me i covered up.
Thank you for reading i welcome all advice, opinions, and would like to know what the legal community thinks on this.
I will update this post and or if trail proceeds. I pray for trail, I'm a white man in Texas about to lose his civil rights.

If you're innocent, you go to trial.

If you are GUILTY, you seek a plea.

Only YOU and SHE know the truth.

Unfortunately, our legal system isn't what the constitution purports it to be.

However, I've tried hundreds of jury trials.

Twelve jurors, just ordinary people, more often than not get it right.

Back