Juvenile Crime Assault and battery 3rd. Degree on my 13 year old daughter

M

Mr.M.Laschower

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
  • First time ever in court system. My 13, year old daughter got in her first fight and got put in Alternative school, and now going to court. Assault & battery 3rd. Degree. What happens to my dau seeghter?

• First time ever in court system. My 13, year old daughter got in her first fight and got put in Alternative school, and now going to court. Assault & battery 3rd. Degree. What happens to my dau seeghter?

You must appear at EVERY court hearing, mother and father are encouraged, but one paren will suffice.

Children aren't convicted, they are adjudicated.

She's very youg, so she'll probably get some form of community service, be ordered to stay in school, do well in school (as in C or better), be a good school citizen, maybe be required to write an essay about being a good citizen, court ordred counseling, court ordered anger management, and that's about it.

Bottom line, cooperate, and this will be eventually cleansed.

Talk to her about her behavior, and help her to use better judgment, and avoid becoming violent.

Ask the judge to appoint a lawyer for her, if you can't afford on.
That way, her rights and yours will be protected.

Use this as a way to help her, before she gets hurt, killed, or ends up in prison.

Back