Asked to commit Mortgage Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfer23

Hello,

I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

I work for one of the largest lenders in the country and I have been asked on numerous occasions to commit mortgage fraud. There are a lot of loans that are closing and funding and I am being asked to go back to the borrower after closing to obtain pay stubs, W2's, bank statements, verbal employment verifications, etc...There are even some loans that have closed and funded without being underwritten, these files are underwritten after closing. I got our fraud dept involved and they told me "they were working on it" and that I wouldn't hear anything else until June and that I am to continue "doing what I'm doing". This is not something that I feel comfortable doing but I cannot afford to leave this job either. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!!!

Good Luck

It is like choosing between life and death. I certainly understand the frustrating situation you are in right now. To my mind, you have to side what you discern as right. Be principled to face whatever consequences it might bring. Practicality-wise, you certainly need the job may be for economic reasons, but is it worth stay when you are troubled psychologically. You can have several options> One- is graceful exit, 2nd-not leaving and live miserably- and possibly become a co-principal by direct participation for the unlawful acts, 3rd-not leave work but be man to file the necessary report with the authorities for the anomalous actuations being wage by your company.
The rest of the options can be shown after you make the choices laid above.

Thank you for replying. I have already spoke with our fraud dept and they are doing an investigation. They told me to continue following my managers orders and that I would know something in June. I just don't know where to go from here? Is there anything I can do legally or any kind of suit that can be filed? If I were to take this information public could I be held liable for anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back