As happened this month in Phoenix, AZ USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1

We recently moved from a rental to a house, though we had experienced some problems in the moving transition, and along with the stress of moving, our health and the summer weather this didn't make such better. We had lived in this rental for a number of years with a good relationship with the former landlord until the property was sold to one of their children in spring, who of course as the new landlord had plans for the place and was eager to get started - too eager, to add:

Here is a summary of the situation:

Last month of renting was July of 2007.

Owner started work on property days prior to last (7/31/07), including entering shed on 7/30/07 by removing door/creating new entrance/other modifications.

Owner said that we could even stay till/thru Sunday (8/4/07) to finish moving items.

Items never picked up/delivered to new residence:

2 ladders- one long, one short, both of wood construction.

At least one stand-up oscillator fan, all white plastic/metal construction.

1 hose w/nozzle - in back yard.

1 computer - desktop, compaq presario.

1 plastic cookware/mixing bowl w/foreign coins.

1 lock w/cable - Master, black plastic color.

1 gas butane lighter,black plastic color.

1 small/pocket brazing/welding torch, blue metal color.

Fair amount of items in one uncleared closet include last items plus electronic, computer(diskettes, etc.), books, and other misc. (had one bag of clothing, etc. from another family member) items.

The new landlord's wife left two recorded messages, one of them mentioning that the curbside can be checked for items that were thrown out (though not everything was: the new landlord had said that certain items would be given to Goodwill, yet there was no means of checking this since when I last visited the inside of the place on 8/3/07 the couple came over later and told me that I couldn't be here for safety/other reasons, and I had the give the keys to both sides, thus afterwards there was no way for us to exactly know what items were given to Goodwill and what items they have kept inside the property.) which I found out by first going there to check the curbside on 8/10/07 that a good amount thrown out was practically all from the kitchen - this should not have happened.

We haven't taken any legal action and thought to post the former in order to seek advice on this, plus since there are laws such as the landord/tenant act plus that grounds should exist for at least a small claims court filing on the list of items never brought to the new property, and please let me know if any clarifications or further background information is needed, as especially in the summary I tried to cover as best as possible what is most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back