Juvenile Crime Article 440

Not open for further replies.


New Member
I want to know if I will be able to file an article 440, if I was denied a Y-O due to a mistake in the system. I was 17 when I was arrested and 18 when I was convicted for Att robbery 2nd degree D felony. This was my first arrested, and I was a high school student. But the court have my birth date wrong. It was not until later I found out that the court have my birth date as 87 instead of 89. And I was seemed as ineligible due to this mistake.
Also, I was not represented adequately and I did state this during my conviction, and for that I pleaded guilty for things that I was unaware of.
A 17 year old can't vote, buy cigarettes, or sign a contract.
But, if that 17 year old gets popped by the popo, they're a keeper.
They charge you as an adult.
You won't get that hearing in Juvie, you zip to the front of the line, and directly to adult court and maybe prison.
Not open for further replies.