Homicide, Murder, Manslaughter Arrested for murder?

throwaway1976

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
My brother was just arrested by the F.B.I., and he doesn't want a lawyer. he says that he is innocent, and that only guilty people need lawyers. The F.B.I. said he murdered 6 women over 15 years? I am not sure if he is innocent or not.

Your brother is an idiot. Show him these videos. The stats on innocent people being convicted because they didn't have lawyers is appalling.

He may have already said enough to get him sent up for life.

My brother was just arrested by the F.B.I., and he doesn't want a lawyer. he says that he is innocent, and that only guilty people need lawyers.

Then your brother is a fool. It is especially the innocent, when facing criminal prosecution, that need a lawyer. Trying to represent himself in a federal criminal case would almost certainly be a disaster.

How did you learn of his arrest if it just happened? Did he call you? If so, have you done anything to verify the story of the arrest that he told you? An arrest of someone accused of murdering 15 people would have made the FBI press releases, and I'm not seeing a press release for any arrest that matches what you described. Moreover, murder is generally not a federal offense. It is a state law offense. So something more than just the murder of 15 women had to be involved to make it a federal crime.

it was 6, not 15. 6 deaths happened over 15 years in different states. He represented himself and won when he was accused of molesting his stepdaughter 5 years ago. he think he can talk himself out of this.

To reiterate what the others have said, he is incredibly stupid if he thinks he can do this without professional legal counsel. That's the bottom line. You can't do a thing for him at this point, except to help him with the cost of an attorney if he finally wises up and decides to retain one.

My brother was just arrested by the F.B.I., and he doesn't want a lawyer. he says that he is innocent, and that only guilty people need lawyers.

That's one of the more moronic things I've ever read.

The F.B.I. said he murdered 6 women over 15 years?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question. If you intended it to be a question, I cannot discern what you might have intended to ask. Since this is the only sentence in your post that ends in a question mark, I can't intend if you had a question that you wanted answered or what the purpose of your post is.

My brother was just arrested by the F.B.I., and he doesn't want a lawyer. he says that he is innocent, and that only guilty people need lawyers. The F.B.I. said he murdered 6 women over 15 years? I am not sure if he is innocent or not.

Smart people get a lawyer or ask for one. If he wants to be an idiot, let him be an idiot. Not your problem.

it was 6, not 15. 6 deaths happened over 15 years in different states. He represented himself and won when he was accused of molesting his stepdaughter 5 years ago. he think he can talk himself out of this.

Oh because six is better than 15? Murder is quite a different case than accused of molestation.

But if one of my brothers was accused of molestation I would probably not associate with them after that - and being arrested for being a serial killer? I'd definitely cut all ties.

My brother was just arrested by the F.B.I., and he doesn't want a lawyer

If he'll be tried in the federal system, the court will supply him with a lawyer from the federal public defender service.

If he wishes to be his own lawyer, the public defender will be assigned by the judge as his "legal adviser".

No need to worry, he'll receive a fair trial and be judged by an impartial jury.

As fair and as impartial as human beings can be.

Oh because six is better than 15? Murder is quite a different case than accused of molestation.

But if one of my brothers was accused of molestation I would probably not associate with them after that - and being arrested for being a serial killer? I'd definitely cut all ties.
he was found not guilty for molestation. my brother is a stand up guy. i want to know how i can get him out of this? the F.B.I. says they have D.N.A evidence? he wants to know how he can discredit their evidences and I need to find out so I can tell him. they try to use his old jail medical record against him, he got diagnose with antisocial personality disorder when he was lock up in prison for attempted murder in 1990.

There is not a damn thing you can do to "discredit" the DNA evidence. Now, if you want to hire a lawyer for him, MAYBE the lawyer might be able to do it (although that will be very much dependent on the facts and is not at all a sure thing). But without a lawyer? Forget it. Can't be done.

i want to know how i can get him out of this?

The only thing you can do is provide emotional and financial support.

the F.B.I. says they have D.N.A evidence?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question. If you intended it to be a question, I cannot discern what you might have intended to ask.

he wants to know how he can discredit their evidences and I need to find out so I can tell him.

This is his lawyer's job.

do u think he is guilty?

How could anyone here possibly know? We're not privy to any evidence.

he want me to bail him out of jail so he can escape america, but i do not want to lose the monies. what should i do?

Do whatever you think would be best.

No one is your master.

You are the captain of your soul, the master of your fate.

Only you can order yourself to do anything, especially when it comes to spending your money.

he want me to bail him out of jail so he can escape america, but i do not want to lose the monies. what should i do?

I'd be awfully surprised if bail is an option for a person suspected of what sounds a lot like being a serial killer, so whether you are or aren't willing to bail him out is likely a moot point.

As for what you should do, only you can decide whether you want to devote any financial resources you have to your brother's defense.

Back