Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion arrested for burglary... innocent/excessive bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

factiongroove

First off this is my first time on this board. Its a great relief to find it. Thank you.

OK my name is Zac and my g/f is Rachel. She is the one being accused of Burglary of Habitation. I'm the only witness to her innocence and I'm having a hard time getting this point across. Background, me 25 musician- currently unemployed/ her 26 mother of 2 boys (2 1/2 yrs, 9mo).

For 3 days prior to the arrest there was a lot of questioning from the police. They kept calling us (mostly her) a "witness", just to get us in there. We were cooperative but just quiet. While Rachel was being questioned, I stayed in the car with the kids. The cops brought up a date and 2 people. Never stated what was the crime.

The date they brought up, I was with her the entire day. From the time we woke up till the time we went to sleep. Remember "unemployed".

She got arrested 2 days after. During the 2 days they pulled me over on the highway to ask her to come in on the next day for more questioning. Wrong?

Attorney advised to not come in and that he'll contact them. They filed with the DA, set a warrant, her ex husband turned her in when he was going to pick up the kids for us for his usual visit.

$10,000 bond. From looking at past cases online, a typical bond for a first time offender is averaging $4,000- $6,000. I havent had faith in her lawyer yet but he says he's going to try to get it reduced on monday.
Heres some questions:
Is there anything I can do to help get the bond lowered?

During the first questioning she said she wanted an attorney present and they continued to question her. Is this legal?

and of course overall opinions of this case is greatly appriciated. Thank everyone willing to read all of this.

Q: She got arrested 2 days after. During the 2 days they pulled me over on the highway to ask her to come in on the next day for more questioning. Wrong?

A: No.

Q: Is there anything I can do to help get the bond lowered?

A: No.

Q: During the first questioning she said she wanted an attorney present and they continued to question her. Is this legal?

A: Did she continue answering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back