Arrest??

I

iLOVEhim

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Can a police officer arrest someone who is in the process of getting his citizenship?
If a immature person brought up the fact that a guy has no papers to be here, but he is in fact in the process of getting his citizenship?
would it change if his visa was expired for a year?

Can a police officer arrest someone who is in the process of getting his citizenship?

Yes.

If a immature person brought up the fact that a guy has no papers to be here, but he is in fact in the process of getting his citizenship?

You'll have to explain what is going on.

"In the process of" is meaningless. Until he is awarded citizenship he has to be in the US legally. If he's not, then he's fair game for arrest and deportation and "processing" is over.

Police aren't likely to arrest for that reason, but if they arrest for any state or local offense they could notify federal authorities of the person's status.
With the new administration the rules are starting to change a bit to give local police more options with pureple they encounter and suspect to be in the country illegally.

The law enforcement officers with the greatest power are municipal, local officers.
Those officers can arrest people who violate village or city ordinances, county ordinances, state laws, and federal laws.

County officers, as in sheriff deputies can arrest for county ordinance and state law violations and federal law offenders.

State officers can arrest for state law and federal law violations.

Federal officers are limited to federal law violations.

Through various arrangements across the nation, that is often adjusted locally.

Any citizen who observes a person violating a law, is quite mature to report the alleged perpetrator.

If more people helped the police and aw enforcement officers, more criminals would eventually be removed from law abiding citizens and incarcerated.

If you come into this country illegally, you're breaking our laws.

I've travelled to 80 nations, and did so legally.

I never burglarized any nation's sovereignty or broke its laws.

That's not boasting, that's what's expected.

I emigrated LEGALLY to Belize two years ago.

I hold status as a pensioner in residence.

Too many people are scofflaws, and too many ignorant people aid and abet their crimes.

Back