Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Arrest no trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunwizard09

I was arrested about 6 years ago on a 2nd degree felony. The DA told my lawyer that they lost the information and only had the booking sheet and in the investigator was sick... it's been 6 years and still nothing has happen I am still on bond and unable to move on with my life. According to Article 55.01 in the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure I can file for a Motion to Expunge does this take care of the dismissal also?

The statute of limitations has likely passed. They probably can no longer charge you with the crime, depending upon what it was.

Sunwizard09 said:
Indecency with a child

You should speak with an attorney. This is far more complicated than filing a piece of paper. Your right to a speedy trial, (among other things) which is fundamental to the Texas constitution have been violated. This can be addressed. You need an attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was arrested about 6 years ago on a 2nd degree felony. The DA told my lawyer that they lost the information and only had the booking sheet and in the investigator was sick... it's been 6 years and still nothing has happen I am still on bond and unable to move on with my life. According to Article 55.01 in the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure I can file for a Motion to Expunge does this take care of the dismissal also?

Well, first off I would contact your old lawyer because until the case is dropped they are still your laywer. And yes, I would try to put in a motion for dismissal. They should drop the charge. They failed to use d ue process. 6 years, thats just wayyyyyyyyyy too lomg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back