Arrest for not completing doc work crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jw802

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done for my gf that was sentenced to work crew . I think the total days was 45 . This past Friday the state police came to house and took her in saying she didn't complete work crew. Now she is stuck in jail till the end of the month.. Is there any legal thing I could do to get her case in front of a judge and hopefully let her finish the work crew. Or challenge the fact that they really have no way of saying she wasn't there being that it would be the work crew supervisors word against hers? We have been giving no information about anything , they wouldn't say if she had court this Monday . She was picked up Friday around 5 and there is no Saturday court here. They have not gave her a phone call or anything. We have not heard from her at all. Any help is much appreciated . Thank you

The only thing to do is hire her an attorney. Since she chose not to attend the work sessions as ordered, she may very well not be able to avoid a custodial sentence.

they really have no way of saying she wasn't there being that it would be the work crew supervisors word against hers?

That's very naive. Do you really think that the work crew supervisors don't keep verifiable records of who shows up and who doesn't?

And with those records, who do you think the judge will believe, the work crew supervisors or the criminal that ditched the work crew assignment?

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done for my gf that was sentenced to work crew .

She would need to talk to a lawyer.

Closed ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back